Monday, September 26, 2011

Red Box Games Review

I've let you down blog. I haven't had time to paint anything lately between several family emergencies and finally getting a job. The job has really awkward hours so once things calm down, I don't know how motivated I'll be, but at least I can afford new things (that will take years to get painted).

Because of the above, I'm going to post some filler. During Labor Day weekend, Red Box Games had a sale and I picked up a figure that I've had my eye on. With the sale and the free shipping, I really didn't have an excuse not to. Despite my first order getting lost in the mail, Tre was really helpful and sent a replacement right away. This only took three days, so the shipping was free and fast, with excellent customer service.

Since the website only has greens, I thought I'd put up a picture of the model so people could see the quality of the cast and a size comparison.

Reaper, Red Box, Warhammer Fantasy, and 40k miniatures, all similar height


The figure scales pretty decently with other brands, although the head and hands are a little small. When I say this, I mean that when compared to more popular lines that use a goofy, oversized scale, they appear to be small. The proportions of all of the body parts to each other are excellent.



My favorite part about this model, and I'm really, really excited about it, is that the model comes with pre-drilled pin holes. The only thing better than pre-drilled pin holes is pins built into the model. These are tiny pieces, and without the smallest drill bit, they'd be impossible to drill. I broke my tiny drill bit last year and have yet to find a replacement in stores.

 That little dot? That's a no fuss pin hole. 


My life made easier.

I'd recommend and if I had a use for any of the figures, I'd have no reservations about buying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment