Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Inquisition Henchmen

First off I'd like to thank From the Warp for featuring my blog last week. I'd continue the post about drywall mud but I haven't painted it yet, as I'm not sure what type of terrain piece it should be. I've got lots of WIP pictures though. I've also done a lot of airbrushing but I'm still having trouble getting paint to flow consistently.

If you've seen my blog before, you'd know that I had planned on starting a Fallen Dark Angels count as CSM army. That's probably not going to happen anytime soon. I was looking around at pieces and I can't find the bits I need cheaply anywhere. Most importantly, I need a ton of chain swords, around 20, so I'm going to slowly buy bits for them. I also need some robed Night Goblins, around 15. I haven't made a list yet so I don't know exactly what I need. What I do know is that I normally play Necrons, although I haven't played a real game since January. Playing Necrons, I tend to lose a lot of the time, which is ok because I'm used to it. Not that Necrons can't be competitive, I just have a hard time with them (and so do a lot of other people). Because I want to start a new army and I don't want to use a really old codex, I decided to instead play my first choice, Grey Knights. I had wanted to play Daemonhunters when I got into 40k but they looked like they were too hard to paint so I went with Necrons.

But now I've come full circle. I've looked around on some forums, looking at different people's lists and I don't really like any of them. I don't have any actual experience, but spamming paladins or purgation squads doesn't seem like fun. I think I'm going to run a hybrid force, since I don't plan on attending any tournaments. A Grey Knight HQ, an Ordos Xenos Inquisitor, one squad of henchmen, a dread knight, maybe a dreadnaught, some grey knights and some terminators. I don't know how that list will look, and I don't really want to use land raiders. If I don't use land raiders, I might use storm ravens or deep strike. If anyone has any advice with this type of list, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure I'll make a few forum posts when I get more specific.

Anyways, here's some henchmen I painted up from the Witchhunters Inquisitor and Henchmen set.

 

A crusader WIP. I don't like the blue so he's going to get a darker coat, I thought I'd try something different first though. He might need stripped at this point.

 

I don't know what this model would be used for, maybe a mystic? For his scrolls I found some Sakura Pigma Micron Pens, although I'd like to get a set with a finer tip. Can't beat free though.

No comments:

Post a Comment