Wednesday, February 23, 2011

High Paladin WIP

I decided to break out my new brushes, a Raphael 8404 size 0 and an Army Painter Wargamer: Monster brush. The Army Painter seems to suck up a lot of paint and the bristles aren't very stiff. I'm in love with the Raphael on the other hand, it's not bent and not a single bristle has gone out of place despite me painting the majority of the model with it. I used my PP Hobby Brush for a lot of the base coat since the Monster is better off for big things, but made quick work of the cloak.

Here's my WIP High Paladin Dartan Vilmon. The Coal Black is going to be shaded down to black, I'm trying something new, I'm not sure if it will work though. The brown will be a gold soon, I'm not sure how I want to go about doing that since I can't drybrush at this point. Maybe a layer of gold, devlan mud, and then highlights. I also don't think there's enough black elsewhere to fit in with the rest of the models but I'll see where I can darken it up tomorrow.




I'm particularly happy with the red, I think I've found the shade that I want to use for all of my models. My white is also looking better but still grey based.

No comments:

Post a Comment